Frequently Asked Questions
- You are allowed the 95 gallon trash cart we provided along with ONE 30 gallon can or the equivalent in bags, which is 3 13-gallon kitchen trash bags
- We accept personal checks and money orders.
- Visa/MasterCard through https://www.trashbilling.com
- Cash payments are accepted as long as you give it to the driver in a sealed envelope with your name and address. Please DO NOT mail in cash payments.
-You can also set up online bill pay through your financial institution.
- We recommend that you place your trash out at the curb for curbside service the evening before your actual pick-up day. This will ensure that your trash is picked up.
- If your trash is not out when the truck comes through your area then it will be picked up on your next scheduled pick-up day.
- We can no longer accept yard waste from any of our customers who live in Davidson county due to solid waste codes adopted by Metro Nashville. For customers in Wilson and Sumner counties, we can take up to 3 normal size bags of grass clippings or leaves as long as it doesn't go over our allotted trash limit.
For more information please call Nashville Public Works at 615-880-1000 or visit their website at www.nashville.gov/Recycle/recycle.asp
- Dirt, Mulch
- Wood including but not limited to 2x4s and 4x4s
- Construction Debris
- Rock, Concrete, asphalt, Brick
- Dead animals
- Paint Cans with paint inside (Must be dried out using cat litter)
- Batteries including car batteries and lithium battries
- Hazardous materials
- Propane Tanks
- Gas Cans
- Chemical Products
- Pool chemicals
- Railroad Ties
- Any Items that are not normal, everyday household trash. If you have any questions, please check with us first before placing items out for pick up.
- Yes, this will help prevent littering if your cart gets blown or knocked over before our truck arrives. This can also help keep the inside of your cart as clean as possible, thus preventing smell and bugs.
There are only 3 Holidays that we take off.
- New Year’s Day
All other holidays we will run so go ahead and have your trash out like you normally would either the night before pick up or by 5am on your pick up day.
The only day we change if an observed holiday falls on your normal pick up day is day in which the holiday falls on. No other days are affected during that week. Please check our website or check our facebook page (facebook.com/mcmurtrydisposal) for more information on our holiday schedule the closer it gets to an observed holiday.
We will make every effort we can to run our routes as scheduled. If it snows, please go ahead and have your container out as you normally would on your pick up day to ensure you won’t be passed by. If we are not able to run, please leave your trash out at the curb and we will be there just as soon as we can. Check back at our website or our facebook page for the latest information.